Terms and Conditions
1. Website details
The Dis-Chem website at www.dischem.co.za is owned and operated by Dis-Chem Pharmacies (“Dis-Chem”), a company registered in the Republic of South Africa under company registration number 2005/009766/07, which has its head office at corner Le Roux and Stag Roads, Glen Austin, Midrand.
2. Terms and conditions apply
These Terms apply to your use of this website. By using this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and agree to be bound by them. They represent our entire agreement with you and supersede all prior terms, conditions, warranties and/or representations to the extent permitted by law. Please do not use our website if you do not agree to be bound by these Terms.
3. Change in terms
We may periodically update or change the Terms of this website without giving you prior notice. You should check them regularly, as your continued use of our website means that you accept any updated or revised Terms.
4. Applicable law
This agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
5. Use of our website
You are welcome to browse or use our website for your own personal, non-commercial shopping and information purposes only. No other use is permitted without our prior written consent. The unauthorised use, copying, reproduction, variation, modification or distribution of the content of this website, the uploading of any unlawful or damaging information or viral software, or the creation of any links to our website from any other site whatsoever, is strictly prohibited.
You agree to indemnify us against any loss, damage, harm, claim or any other cost whatsoever that we may sustain as a result of your use of our website and/or its contents contrary to these Terms.
We reserve the right to suspend our website or any part thereof or terminate your account at any time if we, in our sole discretion, determine that you are not using the website in compliance with these Terms or if we believe the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate or incomplete.
Any indulgence of extension of time granted to you shall not be construed as a waiver or variation of any of our rights or remedies in these Terms or law.
- All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that the information on our website, social media channels and email marketing is accurate and up-to-date. We do not, however, warrant that the content or information displayed is always accurate, complete and/or current. Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE)
- Dis-Chem reserves the right to limit the quantities of any item offered for sale on the Dis-Chem Online Store.
- Sale products may vary from photographs. Please note that as per SA pharmacy law requirements, images do not display for some pharmacy products.
- Offers may not be available at all stores including the Dis-Chem Online Store.
- Any comments uploaded by our users or any authorised experts invited as our guests are their opinions alone and do not in any way represent our views, opinions, beliefs or values.
2. Your comments
- We value your comments, ideas, suggestions and feedback ("contact us") via our website. We will not compensate you in any way whatsoever for your comments. Once received, your comments will become our property and we will not be limited in any way in the use, commercial or otherwise, of any of your comments.
- You warrant that your comments do not and will not violate the right(s) of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or any other personal or proprietary right. You agree not to disclose, submit or offer any comments that are or contain any defamatory, unlawful, abusive or obscene material. We disclaim any liability towards any third party regarding your comments and you shall remain accountable towards any third party regarding any harm caused by your comments.
3. Intellectual Property
- All rights, including copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights embodied in any logos, text, images, video, audio or other material on this website are owned by or licensed to us. All data and information communicated to or from the website including its database also belongs solely to us or our licensors. You agree to sign all documents as we may reasonably require in order to assign any rights that you may acquire in the content of our website. You agree also to waive any moral rights in such content. You are permitted to view, print or store electronically a copy of any information on our website, including these Terms, solely for your personal, lawful, non-commercial use. Unauthorised use, reproduction, modification and/or distribution is strictly prohibited and constitutes an unlawful infringement of our intellectual property rights.
4. Use of our logos, content and images
- You are not permitted to use the content of our website, our logos or any product or other images that appear on our website without our prior written consent. Unauthorised use, reproduction, modification and/or distribution is strictly prohibited and constitutes an infringement of our or our licensors’ intellectual property rights.
- Advertising and other promotional material of third parties may appear on our website from time to time. We do not endorse such third parties or their products and/or services. Your reliance on any information contained in such material is entirely at your own risk.
- All pharmacy products are dispensed according to the applicable SA pharmacy legislation. Please read the package insert to ensure that you are aware of any relevant information.
These online shopping terms and conditions apply to all purchases ordered online at www.dischem.co.za. Please read them carefully and print a copy for future reference.
You can choose register with us at any time or check out as a guest should you prefer. Please note that legislation requires registration and login in for purchase of certain products. Please click on Your Account to register. Registration and/or use of our online shopping website constitute your acceptance and agreement to be bound by the Terms of our website, including the additional online shopping terms below.
1. Online Registration
- To register you will be required to provide certain information including personal details and your delivery address. When registering, you will be required to choose a user ID and a password. Please keep your password private. Dis-Chem accepts no liability for any damages suffered or losses incurred from the use or misuse of your password. You will be required to enter your user ID and password each time you visit our online shopping site. To amend any registration particulars please click on "Your Account" and edit your details.
2. Product sales and availability
- All products displayed on our website are subject to availability and will be delivered only within the Republic of South Africa. All prices shown on our website are quoted in South African Rands and are valid and effective only in the Republic of South Africa.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or change the specifications of our products and services from time to time without notice. We will inform you as soon as possible if any products or services ordered by you are not available.
- Dis-Chem reserves the right to limit the quantity of any item offered for sale.
- Please note that our Professional Hair Salon product range is available for delivery orders only.
3. Dis-Chem website content errors
- We regret that no order will be processed if we identify a material error in the description of any of our goods or services or their prices on our website. Packaging may vary from that shown on our website. Please note that as per SA pharmacy law, images do not display for some pharmacy products
4. Dis-Chem website pricing policy
- At Dis-Chem, we are committed to offering our customers the most competitive prices. Therefore, prices shown on the Dis-Chem website are exclusive to the website and may vary from the prices set in your local Dis-Chem Store. Prices are while stocks last.
- Prices include Value-Added Tax. Special promotions may be subject to certain conditions, including stock availability and limited offer stipulations.
- A delivery fee will be charged for each order placed by you and will be shown on the online till slip as a separate item.
5. Methods of payments
- We will debit the total value of your online order against the payment method tendered by you during the check-out process. Payment will be effected on acceptance of your order and prior to delivery.
- By submitting your order, Identity Number and payment method details you warrant that you are over the age of 18 (eighteen), are authorised to make payment with the payment method and that there are sufficient funds available to pay for the order.
- Dis-Chem Online currently does not process Medical Aid claims. Please feel free to submit your claim to your scheme for reimbursement as per scheme rules.
6. Dis-Chem Loyalty cards
- If you have a Dis-Chem Loyalty card, please enter the card details when requested to do so to earn Dis-Chem loyalty points with each online purchase made, as in a normal Dis-Chem store.
- You are responsible for entering the correct Loyalty Card details. The points will accrue to the person whose Loyalty Card details you enter. If you make a mistake when entering the required information, Dis-Chem unfortunately cannot reverse the accrual of points.
7. Stock availability
- We cannot always guarantee availability of stock.
- If we are unable to supply each and every item ordered or in the quantities ordered, you nevertheless agree to accept delivery and make payment for the items that are correctly delivered. See Refunds and Returns Policy.
8. Confirmation of orders
- Orders placed online constitute your offer to purchase subject to these Terms. Your offer is deemed to have been accepted by us when you receive our confirmation of your order. Failure by us to formally confirm or notify acceptance shall not affect the validity of the sale or the enforceability thereof.
- Dis-Chem delivers from Monday to Friday, between 08:00 and 17:00.
- Deliveries will take place 3 – 5 working days from when your order has been placed and paid for. Dis-Chem reserves the right to change these delivery lead times. Please note change in delivery lead times for the period of Black Friday and the week following: deliveries will be completed within 4-10 working days.
- No deliveries will be made on weekends and public holidays. We will use our best endeavours to effect deliveries within the above stated time.
- On delivery of the order to the specified delivery address, you will receive our delivery note showing the items delivered, any non-available items, the delivery fees, Value-Added Tax and the amount debited from your payment card.
- For verification purposes, the person accepting delivery at the delivery address may be required to produce a form of identification. Any person other than yourself who receives the products at the delivery address is presumed to be authorised to accept delivery on your behalf. Should no-one be in attendance at the time of delivery, the driver will keep the products and leave a notice at the delivery address to this effect. The delivery service will attempt to contact you in order to arrange for an alternate delivery time. We reserve the right to charge an additional delivery fee should it be required in the circumstances. Our liability for failing to deliver the products timeously is limited to delivery being effected at a later agreed time at no additional charge.
- Please arrange that you or your authorised representative is available to accept your purchases at the delivery address and that appropriate access will be made available. On delivery, we will require you or your authorised representative to sign and print your or their name on a duplicate copy of the delivery note, to confirm receipt.
10. Online shopping delivery personnel
- We have outsourced all delivery and collection arrangements. Accordingly, we cannot, to the extent permitted by law, be liable for any damage suffered or loss incurred by reason of any acts or omissions of the deliverer, its directors, employees, sub-contractors, agents, representatives and/or affiliates.
Refunds & Returns
- If you are for any reason dissatisfied with an item purchased from our website you may return it to any Dis-Chem store for a full refund, replacement or exchange, provided you have the original tax invoice, and items are returned within 6 (six) months of purchase, provided that the product has not expired within such time. Should you not have an invoice, we will be happy to exchange your purchase at the current system price. For hygiene reasons earrings for pierced ears may not be returned or exchanged. Gift cards purchased will not be refunded. If you you have not received your Gift Card, please contact us within one month to re-issue. Please phone Customer Services on 0860 347 243 to find the store nearest you. We do not guarantee that you will be automatically refunded. The decision to refund is solely at the discretion of the manager of the store where you return the product, having inspected the condition of the item returned.
Please note: Dis-Chem will not accept any returns of any products of which the packaging has been removed, opened or tampered with, any products of a personal nature due to hygiene and sanitary considerations or any pharmacy products due to pharmacy law requirements. Refunds are bank dependent and may take up to 10-14 working days to reflect.
- If for any reason you would like to cancel an order you may contact our Customer Services Centre on 0860 347 243. While any cancellation of orders will be accepted at our sole and absolute discretion and we provide no warranty that any cancellation of any order will be accepted, any cancellation which we do accept will only be accepted in the event that you notify us of your intention to cancel prior to dispatch of the order in question.
We reserve the right to debit your payment card for the delivery fees in respect of any cancellations. If you cancel your payment for any reason or if your payment card should cease to be valid for whatever reason, you will nevertheless be bound to pay to the full purchase price, including all costs incurred by us relating to the recovery thereof. Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies in law, we reserve the right to cancel forthwith any sale and/or your registration in the event of your breach any of the Terms.
See Placing a click & collect order, below.
How to "Click & Collect"
- When you have added your products to cart, proceed to the checkout. At this point you will be offered the delivery or collection options available for the products you have chosen.
- Choose the option ‘Click & Collect’ and a list of Dis-Chem stores will be shown to you.
- Then select your store that you want to pick up from and complete your purchase.
- If any of the products in your cart is not available in your chosen store, this will display clearly in the checkout and you will be given the option to either collect from a store that has all your products, opt for delivery or remove the particular item from your cart.
- Click & collect is available at all Dis-Chem branches.
- Please note that due to logistical complexities, during the period of Black Friday 2019, products on promotion for Black Friday will not be available for Click and Collect.
1. You will be kept informed
- When you have ordered your items online and successfully made payment, you will get a “Received your order” email and SMS confirming your order is with your chosen store.
- Once your order is being picked and packed at your selected store, we will send another email and SMS confirmation letting you know we have started preparing your order.
- Next, another email and SMS will be sent to you informing you your order is ready for collection; please do not arrive at store before we have confirmed your order is ready as it may not be available to collect.
- Finally once that you have collected and checked your order, you will get a thank you and a kind request to give us feedback on our Facebook or Twitter page with this #Dischemclickcollect.
2. Collecting your order
- Please do not arrive at your selected Dis-Chem store before we have confirmed your order is “ready for collection” as it may not be available to collect.
- When you arrive at the store, go straight to the Customer Care counter.
- You will need to take your order number with you when you collect your items. We will also ask you to present a valid identification such as an ID/smart card, driver’s license or passport.
- You can send someone on behalf of yourself to collect, as long as they have the unique order number and they can verify your name, surname and ID number.
- You must check your order before you leave the store and confirm with the Customer Care person to close off the order.
3. You did not collect your order on time
- Ordered Items will be held in store for a maximum of 8 days.
- After this time, your order will be cancelled and a refund will be processed back to your original payment method. Items can only be collected within store operating hours; these are located within our Store Locator.
4. Could there be a delay in your order?
There could be a delay in getting your order ready within the collection time period, here are some of the potential reasons why:
- The product you bought has become unavailable at your selected store, our pickers pick from the store and your product might have been snatched up by a walk in customer, a Customer Care person will contact you if there is going to be a delay.
- The product you bought has to be specially ordered in to your selected store, a customer care person will contact you.
- The product you have bought has gone into out of stock or been discontinued, between placing your order to being processed, a customer care person will call you to do a refund or swop.
5. You want a refund on your purchase
This can be done at the store you collected from or from any Dis-Chem store with your original receipt and the item intact. Please see our Refunds and Returns Policy for details.
Depending on your payment method used on purchase, there might be a delay in seeing the monies in your account:
- Credit cards – takes up to 10-14 working days
- eBucks - only add this when eBucks becomes available
- Discovery Miles
- Dis-Chem Benefit points
- Online Store discount coupon
6. You want to return your purchase
- We can do an immediate return when you come to collect your order.
- Or you are welcome to come into any Dis-Chem Store within the specified period to do a return with your receipt.
7. Your feedback is important to us
- We welcome all feedback on our Facebook or Twitter pages with this #Dischemclickcollect
1. The Dis-Chem Customer Loyalty Programme, known as the ‘’Dis-Chem Benefit Programme’’, is operated by Dis-Chem Pharmacies (Pty) Ltd (‘Dis-Chem”).
2. The Dis-Chem Benefit Card (“Benefit Card”) is issued by, and remains the property of, Dis-Chem who reserves the right to decline, issue and withdraw the Benefit Card or any Benefit or Partner points accrued at any time. Dis-Chem reserves the right to alter or amend the conditions of operation of the Benefit Card.
3. Member data and personal information is protected in terms of the relevant legislation.
4. Dis-Chem Benefit points earned in South Africa may only be redeemed in South Africa in South African Rand. Dis-Chem Benefit points earned in Namibia may only be redeemed in Namibia in Namibian Dollars. All Benefit points earned via online transactions on any website operated by Dis-Chem shall be deemed to have been earned in South Africa.
5. By joining the Dis-Chem Benefit programme a member has agreed to these terms and conditions, as amended or replaced by Dis-Chem from time to time.
6. Terms and conditions must be checked regularly and are available in store or online at www.dischem.co.za and may also be requested telephonically through the Dis-Chem Customer Service Careline on 0860 347 243 or [email protected].
7. Any person who does not agree to be bound by the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme Terms and Conditions may not participate in the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme. Existing Dis-Chem Benefit Programme members who do not agree to be bound by the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme Terms and Conditions, including amendments thereto from time to time, must notify Dis-Chem of such refusal in writing or telephonically through the Dis-Chem Customer Service Careline on 0860 347 243 or [email protected], in which event such member’s participation in the Dis-Chem Benefit programme may be terminated and/or such person’s Benefit Card cancelled.
8. Persons applying for a Benefit Card or redeeming any benefit accrued thereunder are required to provide a valid identity document issued in their country of origin as well as contact details. Dis-Chem’s right to decline to register any person and/or redeem any benefit, on whatever ground, is expressly reserved.
9. A Benefit Card and the rewards accruing thereto are not transferable. Dis-Chem Benefit Programme rewards will accrue to the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme member only.
10. To earn Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points in store for a qualifying transaction the member’s Benefit Card must be presented at the point of sale at the time of transaction.
11. To redeem Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points in store, the physical Benefit card must be presented at the point of sale. The virtual Benefit card available on the Dis-Chem App may not currently be used to redeem points.
12. Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points or rewards cannot be exchanged for cash.
13. The value of points accumulated on the member’s Benefit Card profile can be used for payment of purchases at participating Dis-Chem Stores. Items purchased through points redeemed may not be returned or replaced for cash. Points earned through unauthorized use of any Benefit Card will not be honoured.
14. In the event of any abuse or fraud being committed by any person in respect of the Benefit Card and/or conduct involving the abuse of points or rewards, Dis-Chem reserves the right to take appropriate action against the responsible person and all points accrued and unredeemed points and rewards issued may be forfeited and the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme Card revoked.
15. Only the registered Benefit Card holder swiping the card (or making online purchases using a valid online profile against which that person’s Benefit Card is registered) at the time of the purchase transaction will be awarded points.
16. The Dis-Chem Partner card swiped at the POS during any particular transaction will earn the appropriate Partner points associated with the membership and cannot be changed retrospectively.
17. Dis-Chem reserves the right to make certain products and tender types exempt from the earning of points.
18. No points, benefits and/or rewards will be earned or awarded in respect of any goods and/or services where the earning or awarding of such points, benefits and/or rewards are prohibited by any legislation in the Republic of South Africa and, where applicable other jurisdictions.
19. Items excluded from earning points include, but are not limited to:
- Baby formula, as prohibited by legislation;
- WiCode payments, gift card and loyalty card redemptions;
- plastic bags; and
- prescription medication;
- however, points may be awarded on the dispensing fee of the prescription dispensed for cash, and subject to any applicable terms and conditions prescribed by Dis-Chem and any other loyalty partner or service provider.
20. Lost, stolen, or damaged cards should be reported to the Dis-Chem Customer Service Careline. Lost, stolen or damaged cards will be replaced at the in store Customer Service Desk on presentation of positive identification. If the monetary value of Dis-Chem Benefit Card points, attached to the card, have been redeemed in store before the card is reported as lost or stolen, there can be no subsequent recovery of Dis-Chem Benefit Card points or value. Dis-Chem cannot be held liable for loss of Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points or monetary value thereof.
21. Dis-Chem's magazine publications "Benefits" and "Benefits Mother and Child" are available quarterly in store to all card holders at no cost, provided a Benefit Card is presented at point of sale.
22. Dis-Chem reserves the right to retract any awards through its loyalty partners or service providers or otherwise earned through the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points.
23. In order to keep Benefit Card holders notified of their Benefit points as well as other programme benefits, Dis-Chem Pharmacies (Pty) Ltd, will (a) provide the current points balance excluding current sale, on the bottom of the till receipt (b) process Dis-Chem Benefit Card holders’ personal information on a central computer database; (c) send Benefit Card holder’s information which may include statements of accrued Benefit points; (d) make points balance available through online channels (e) send Benefit Card holder’s electronic marketing material to inform members of special offers and products that may be of interest to them.
24. Dis-Chem Benefit Programme members have the right, in accordance with the relevant legislation, to (a) obtain access to his/her personal information held by Dis-Chem; (b) to request the correction, destruction or deletion of his/her personal information held by Dis-Chem; and (c) to object to the processing of his/her personal information. In the case of a Dis-Chem Benefit Programme member objecting the capture and processing of his/her personal information such person’s Dis-Chem Benefit Membership will be terminated.
25. It is the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme member’s responsibility to inform Dis-Chem of any changes to his/her personal information.
26. Dis-Chem reserves the right to suspend any Dis-Chem Benefit Card member’s profile should the account remain inactive for any period longer than 6 months or such period as may be determined by Dis-Chem. This provision will also apply to Dis-Chem’s loyalty partners and service providers.
27. Dis-Chem Benefit points, loyalty partner or service provider points and other promotional points earned for transactions where goods are later returned will be deducted from your Dis-Chem Benefit Card account or partner reward account as applicable, and are subject to the Dis-Chem Pharmacies returns policy.
28. Benefit Card holders may receive instant discounts on selected products in Dis-Chem stores. These promotions will be available for specified periods from time to time and subject to stock availability. Dis-Chem reserves the right, at any time, to amend or cancel these offers without notice.
29. Dis-Chem Benefit programme members may opt-out of any direct marketing received from Dis-Chem should he/she so elect, by notifying Dis-Chem thereof in writing to [email protected] , alternatively, telephonically via Dis-Chem Customer Careline on 0860 347 243 or via the opt-out instructions in the various communication channels.
1. Dis-Chem Pharmacies (Pty) Ltd and the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme have engaged with certain loyalty partners and service providers who participate in the Dis-Chem Benefit programme.
2. These third party programmes must be activated according to each such third party’s process and are subject to such thirds party’s terms and conditions.
3. Registration for such third party partners may require the Benefit Card holder to contact the third party directly to complete the registration and redeem benefits.
1. Dis-Chem reserves the right, without prior notice to Dis-Chem Benefit Programme members, to (a) include or terminate the participation of any third Party Business Partner from the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme and/or (b) amend the nature of and manner in which points or benefits may be earned from any third party loyalty partner.
2. Expecting members must notify Dis-Chem of their expected due date, number of babies due (in the case of multiple births) in order to join Dis-Chem Baby. Supporting documentation is required to register multiple births.
3. Members who are not expecting may not apply for the Dis-Chem Baby programme on behalf of another member/person in order to receive a bag for said member/person.
4. Members must shop at Dis-Chem to earn a minimum of 1275 points (R850 spend) on their Benefit Card from the Dis-Chem Baby join date in order to qualify for the baby bag.
5. The following items are excluded from earning points and will not qualify towards the minimum point earn:
- baby formulas and feeding bottles, teats, and feeding cups with spouts, straws or teats (as prohibited by legislation in the Republic of South Africa);
- Total partner points;
- WiCode payments, gift card and loyalty card redemptions;
- plastic bags; and
- prescription medication, however points will be awarded on the dispensing fee of the prescription medication dispensed on a cash basis, and subject to the third party loyalty partner’s terms and conditions.
6. Dis-Chem reserves the right to exclude any Partner earn from the qualifying point earn required to qualify for a bag.
7. In order to receive communication members must “opt-in”.
8. Contents and value of the Baby Bag may vary from time to time.
9. If the expecting member is not able to collect the baby bag, a representative may be nominated to collect the bag on such member’s behalf, provided that the collecting person shall be bring in a copy of the expecting member’s identity document as well as the collecting person’s own positive identification.
10. Baby bags not collected within 6 (six) months of the expected due date will be forfeited by the member and may only be reissued another at the discretion of Dis-Chem.
11. Adopting parents may join Dis-Chem Baby and qualify for a baby bag at the sole discretion of Dis-Chem, on condition that supporting documentation is provided and the qualifying criteria has been met.
12. Only 1 (one) baby bag per expected child of an expecting member, qualifying for a baby bag under these terms will be issued.
- COCOPLUS Competition
- Huawei Joburg Day 2019
- Dr Miracle Competition
- Dischem Voucher Giveaway
- All Told Terms & Conditions
- Boobaloo Expo 2019
- GR8 Skincare Competition
- Women who inspire us social media competition
- Tresemme Beauty Fair Competition
- Bonnie Mbuli x Yardley HamperCompetition
- Rocking the Daisies
- Show us your #BOOM Social Media Competition Terms and Conditions
- Vitamin B Co Shot Competition
- Dove Men
- Dove Baby Photoshoot competition
- Momentum Multiply Money Competition December 2019
- Pay with Zapper Competition
- Dis-Chem 40th Birthday Nivea Holiday Competition
- Total Car Competition
- Dove and Lux Competition
- Dis-Chem Beauty Influencer of the year 2019
- Pretoria FM Leefstyl Competition
- ROBERTSONS SUPERFOODS NUTRIBULLET GIVEAWAY
- AFRICAN PRIDE MOISTURE MIRACLE COMPETITION
- FISHERMAN FRIEND CAR GIVE AWAY 2019
- Johnson’s® Vita-Rich Competition
- Aero 85g Promotion
- Ponds Beauty Fair Competition
- Unilever Deodorants
- Gillette Champions league competition
- Unilever Vaseline Competition
- eBucks Spend Competition December 2019
- TOTAL SOUTH AFRICA
- The Dis-Chem App, is operated by Dis-Chem Pharmacies Ltd (‘Dis-Chem”).
- These specific terms and conditions relating to the use of the Dis-Chem App are to be read together with our general “online terms and conditions” as well as our “Dis-Chem Benefit Programme terms and conditions”, all of which govern your usage of the Dis-Chem App.
- By using the Dis-Chem App, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All terms and conditions are available in-store or online at www.dischem.co.za and may also be requested telephonically through the Dis-Chem Customer Service Careline on 0860 347 243 or [email protected].
- Dis-Chem reserves the right to update or amend these terms and conditions without giving prior notice to you. You should therefore check them regularly as your continued use of the Dis-Chem App means that you accept any updated or revised terms.
- Any person who does not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions may not make use of the Dis-Chem App and should not do so.
- In the event of any abuse or fraud being committed by any person in respect of the Dis-Chem App, Dis-Chem reserves the right to take appropriate action against the responsible person including, but not limited to, denying such person further use of the Dis-Chem App as well as enforcing its rights in terms of the “Online Terms and Conditions” and/or “Dis-Chem Benefit Programme Terms and Conditions”.
- While every effort is made to ensure the correctness of information provided on the Dis-Chem App, your use of the Dis-Chem App is entirely at your own risk. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the correctness of information accessed on the Dis-Chem App. We do not warrant that the functions provided by the Dis-Chem App will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the Dis-Chem App (or the server that makes it available) is free from viruses or other harmful components. To the extent permissible by law, we accept no liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever or howsoever caused arising from the access or use of the Dis-Chem App or the purchase of any of our products or services using it.
- Dis-Chem reserves the right, without prior notice to you, to discontinue or change the services available on the Dis-Chem App without the incurrence of any liability whatsoever.
- Use of the Dis-Chem App is free and does not oblige you to purchase anything.
- Prior to using certain aspects of the Dis-Chem App, such as the uploading scripts as well as placing your first purchase order, you will be required to undergo a registration process, which is also free of charge and does not obligate you to purchase anything.
- As part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with certain information, including your date of birth and identity number. This is, amongst other reasons, to verify that you are over the age of 18 years, which is a requirement for you to purchase products on the Dis-Chem App.
- Notwithstanding the above, by submitting any product order, you warrant that you are over the age of 18 years.
- In registering your Dis-Chem App profile, you will be required to create a password in order to access your account. Please keep this password safe and confidential as Dis-Chem cannot be held liable for any loss or damage howsoever arising from the unauthorised use of your account.
- It is your responsibility to inform Dis-Chem of any changes to his/her personal information.
- Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points may be transferred using the Dis-Chem App, provided that Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points may only be transferred by one registered Dis-Chem Benefit Programme member to another, or as a donation to the Dis-Chem Foundation.
- Those persons who have registered a Dis-Chem App profile have the right, in accordance with the relevant legislation, to (a) obtain access to their personal information held by Dis-Chem; (b) to request the correction, destruction or deletion of their personal information held by Dis-Chem; and (c) to object to the processing of their personal information. In the case of a Dis-Chem Benefit Programme member objecting the capture and processing of his/her personal information such person shall forfeit the right to utilise the Dis-Chem App in order to make online purchases.
- All online purchases made using the Dis-Chem App are subject to the same provisions relating to online purchases using our website as set-out in our “Online Terms and Conditions” which are available online at www.dischem.co.za and may also be requested telephonically through the Dis-Chem Customer Service Careline on 0860 347 243 or [email protected].
- The contents of the Dis-Chem App, including any material, information, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, advertisements, video clips, trade names, logos, trademarks, designs, copyright and all other forms of intellectual property displayed on and/or incorporated in the Dis-Chem App, are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trade mark law.