1. The Dis-Chem Customer Loyalty Programme, known as the ‘’Dis-Chem Benefit Programme’’, is operated by Dis-Chem Pharmacies (Pty) Ltd (‘Dis-Chem”).
2. The Dis-Chem Benefit Card (“Benefit Card”) is issued by, and remains the property of, Dis-Chem who reserves the right to decline, issue and withdraw the Benefit Card or any Benefit or Partner points accrued at any time. Dis-Chem reserves the right to alter or amend the conditions of operation of the Benefit Card.
3. Member data and personal information is protected in terms of the relevant legislation.
4. Dis-Chem Pharmacies will not share your details with any other company unless it is entirely necessary for the operation of the Dis-Chem Benefit programme and/or linked programmes. The Benefit programme tailors its offers to meet the customer’s specific needs and in order to achieve this and to facilitate the earning of certain benefits, such as partner rewards and the accrual of Dis-Chem Benefit points, via Dis-Chem’s partners, your details may be passed to such partners. This information will be limited to only information required to facilitate an intended purpose. Where any detailed data is passed onto these partners, this data will be shared via an aggregator who will anonymize the data to ensure no personally identifiable data can be extracted from it.
5. Dis-Chem Benefit points earned in South Africa may only be redeemed in South Africa in South African Rand. Dis-Chem Benefit points earned in Namibia may only be redeemed in Namibia in Namibian Dollars. All Benefit points earned via online transactions on any website operated by Dis-Chem shall be deemed to have been earned in South Africa.
6. By joining the Dis-Chem Benefit programme a member has agreed to these terms and conditions, as amended or replaced by Dis-Chem from time to time.
7. Terms and conditions must be checked regularly and are available in store or online at www.dischem.co.za and may also be requested telephonically through the Dis-Chem Customer Service Careline on 0860 347 243 or [email protected].
8. Any person who does not agree to be bound by the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme Terms and Conditions may not participate in the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme. Existing Dis-Chem Benefit Programme members who do not agree to be bound by the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme Terms and Conditions, including amendments thereto from time to time, must notify Dis-Chem of such refusal in writing or telephonically through the Dis-Chem Customer Service Careline 0860 347 243 or [email protected], in which event such member’s participation in the Dis-Chem Benefit programme may be terminated and/or such person’s Benefit Card cancelled.
9. Persons applying for a Benefit Card or redeeming any benefit accrued thereunder are required to provide a valid identity document issued in their country of origin as well as contact details. Dis-Chem’s right to decline to register any person and/or redeem any benefit, on whatever ground, is expressly reserved.
10. A Benefit Card and the rewards accruing thereto are not transferable. Dis-Chem Benefit Programme rewards will accrue to the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme member only.
11. To earn Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points in store for a qualifying transaction the member’s Benefit Card must be presented at the point of sale at the time of transaction.
12. To redeem Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points in store, the physical Benefit card must be presented at the point of sale. The virtual Benefit card available on the Dis-Chem App may not currently be used to redeem points.
13. Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points or rewards cannot be exchanged for cash.
14. The value of points accumulated on the member’s Benefit Card profile can be used for payment of purchases at participating Dis-Chem Stores. Items purchased through points redeemed may not be returned or replaced for cash. Points earned through unauthorized use of any Benefit Card will not be honoured.
15. In the event of any abuse or fraud being committed by any person in respect of the Benefit Card and/or conduct involving the abuse of points or rewards, Dis-Chem reserves the right to take appropriate action against the responsible person and all points accrued and unredeemed points and rewards issued may be forfeited and the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme Card revoked.
16. Only the registered Benefit Card holder swiping the card (or making online purchases using a valid online profile against which that person’s Benefit Card is registered) at the time of the purchase transaction will be awarded points.
17. The Dis-Chem Partner card swiped at the POS during any particular transaction will earn the appropriate Partner points associated with the membership and cannot be changed retrospectively.
18. Dis-Chem reserves the right to make certain products and tender types exempt from the earning of points.
19. No points, benefits and/or rewards will be earned or awarded in respect of any goods and/or services where the earning or awarding of such points, benefits and/or rewards are prohibited by any legislation in the Republic of South Africa and, where applicable other jurisdictions.
20. Items excluded from earning points include, but are not limited to:
Baby formula and bottle feeding accessories including teats, feeding cups with spouts, and straws, as prohibited by legislation;
- WiCode payments, gift card and loyalty card redemptions;
- plastic bags; and
- prescription medication;
- however, points may be awarded on the dispensing fee of the prescription dispensed for cash, and subject to any applicable terms and conditions prescribed by Dis-Chem and any other loyalty partner or service provider.
21. Double Points promotional days for 60 Plus and For Youth members are available in store only. Online purchase will not accrue Double Points.
22. Lost, stolen, or damaged cards should be reported to the Dis-Chem Customer Service Careline. Lost, stolen or damaged cards will be replaced at the in store Customer Service Desk on presentation of positive identification. If the monetary value of Dis-Chem Benefit Card points, attached to the card, have been redeemed in store before the card is reported as lost or stolen, there can be no subsequent recovery of Dis-Chem Benefit Card points or value. Dis-Chem cannot be held liable for loss of Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points or monetary value thereof.
23. Dis-Chem's magazine publications "Benefits" and "Benefits Mother and Child" are available quarterly in store to all card holders at no cost, provided a Benefit Card is presented at point of sale.
23. Dis-Chem reserves the right to retract any awards through its loyalty partners or service providers or otherwise earned through the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points.
24. Dis-Chem reserves the right to retract any awards through its loyalty partners or service providers or otherwise earned through the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points.
25. In order to keep Benefit Card holders notified of their Benefit points as well as other programme benefits, Dis-Chem Pharmacies (Pty) Ltd, will (a) provide the current points balance excluding current sale, on the bottom of the till receipt (b) process Dis-Chem Benefit Card holders’ personal information on a central computer database; (c) send Benefit Card holder’s information which may include statements of accrued Benefit points; (d) make points balance available through online channels (e) send Benefit Card holder’s electronic marketing material to inform members of special offers and products that may be of interest to them.
26. Dis-Chem Benefit Programme members have the right, in accordance with the relevant legislation, to (a) obtain access to his/her personal information held by Dis-Chem; (b) to request the correction, destruction or deletion of his/her personal information held by Dis-Chem; and (c) to object to the processing of his/her personal information. In the case of a Dis-Chem Benefit Programme member objecting the capture and processing of his/her personal information such person’s Dis-Chem Benefit Membership will be terminated.
27. It is the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme member’s responsibility to inform Dis-Chem of any changes to his/her personal information.
28. Dis-Chem reserves the right to suspend any Dis-Chem Benefit Card member’s profile should the account remain inactive for any period longer than 6 months or such period as may be determined by Dis-Chem. This provision will also apply to Dis-Chem’s loyalty partners and service providers.
28. Dis-Chem Benefit points, loyalty partner or service provider points and other promotional points earned for transactions where goods are later returned will be deducted from your Dis-Chem Benefit Card account or partner reward account as applicable, and are subject to the Dis-Chem Pharmacies returns policy.
29. Dis-Chem Benefit points, loyalty partner or service provider points and other promotional points earned for transactions where goods are later returned will be deducted from your Dis-Chem Benefit Card account or partner reward account as applicable, and are subject to the Dis-Chem Pharmacies returns policy.
30. Benefit Card holders may receive instant discounts on selected products in Dis-Chem stores. These promotions will be available for specified periods from time to time and subject to stock availability. Dis-Chem reserves the right, at any time, to amend or cancel these offers without notice.
31.Dis-Chem Benefit programme members may opt-out of any direct marketing received from Dis-Chem should he/she so elect, by notifying Dis-Chem thereof in writing to www.dischem.co.za alternatively, telephonically via Dis-Chem Customer Careline on 0860 347 243 or via the opt-out instructions in the various communication channels.
32. VIB Terms and Conditions VIB Terms & Conditions