RETURNS AND REFUNDS
Dis-Chem will not accept any returns of any products of which the packaging has been removed, opened or tampered with, and products of a personal nature due to hygiene and sanitary considerations.
Proof of purchase, proof of identification and all packaging must be provided with all returns.
1. Dissatisfied with your purchase?
- If you are for any reason dissatisfied with an item purchased from our stores or website, you may return it to any Dis-Chem store or through the applicable online channel for a full credit, refund, replacement or exchange, provided –
- you have the original tax invoice/till slip as proof of purchase;
- items are returned within 30 (thirty) days of purchase;
- the product has not expired;
- it is not damaged (including all packaging); and
- it is a returnable product (some items are by law, non-returnable for hygiene/health reasons).
- Defective products may be returned prior to the lapse of 6 (six) months from the date of purchase.
- For online returns, we reserve the right to ask you for photographs and written submissions detailing the reasons for the return before we process the return, and we may withhold reasonable transport costs if required.
- Please note: Dis-Chem will not accept any returns of any products of which the packaging has been removed, damaged, opened or tampered with, any products of a personal nature due to hygiene and sanitary considerations, any products due to pharmacy law requirements, or any medicines. Refunds are bank dependent and may take up to 10-14 working days to reflect.
We reserve the right to ask you for proof of identification when returning products.
We do not guarantee that you will be automatically credited/refunded. The decision to credit/refund is solely at the discretion of the manager of the store where you return the product (or online manager), the original till slip has been handed in and they have inspected the condition of the item returned.
We shall have the discretion to refund you by any appropriate means including cash, a gift card (electronic or otherwise) or by crediting the applicable card.
1. No refunds or exchanges will apply in respect of the following products:
- Medicines (prescription, scheduled or over the counter medication)
- Car Seats
- Intimate Wear
- Christening Wear
- Jewellery for piercings
- Breast Pumps
- Baby foods / formula
- Personal grooming items
- Airtime and recharge vouchers
- Dis-Chem and 3rd party Gift cards may not be refunded or exchanged for cash*
2. Can I get a refund on a Gift Card purchase?
- Gift cards (physical or digital) purchased will not be refunded.
- If you have not received your Online Digital Gift Card, please contact us within one month to re-issue. Please phone Customer Services on 0860 347 243 to find the store nearest you.
Certain products may carry a manufacturer warranty in addition to our returns policy and/or consumer law.
We make no representations whatsoever and give no guarantees against latent or patent defects in respect of the products, and all conditions and warranties whatsoever, whether implied or otherwise, are hereby expressly excluded.
2. Handling of products
The products supplied by Dis-Chem shall be suitable only for the purpose for which they were designed and intended and you shall ensure that the products are handled, stored, installed, used, worn or otherwise dealt with in a normal and proper manner and where applicable, in a manner consistent with the instructions given by us.
We shall not incur any liability of whatever nature arising in contract or delict from any injury, loss or damage to any person or property arising from the use of the products.
No action or claim of whatever nature shall lie against Dis-Chem arising out of or in connection with any defects in, or unsuitability of any products.
CUSTOMER CARE INFO
Feel free to reach out to our friendly Customer Care team for further assistance:
Monday - Friday: 08:00am to 16:30pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: Closed